November 29, 2010
First Care of New York
2488 Grand Concourse, Suite # 332
Bronx, NY 10458-5203
Dear Ana:
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to express how much we appreciate First Care and particularly our home care attendant, Marvalyn. She has been a first-rate companion and caregiver for me. She is punctual and reliable. Her manner is gentle, she is friendly, warm, and she treats me with dignity. She has high standards of cleanliness, which is a constant comfort. She is a good cook.
We see every day that Marvalyn's motivating force is love. We asked for Marvalyn even though we did not know her well, because she is one of Jehovah's Witnesses. My daughter and I are also Witnesses, and this would make her our dear sister. We thus knew that her study of the Scriptures would have trained her to be someone who is trustworthy and kind, and she has proved to be so.This sisterhood creates an unbreakable bond between us, but we also feel that Marvalyn will show the same caring skills wherever she is assigned.
She is persevering. When she started working with us, I had just moved to Brooklyn and my weight had gone below 100 pounds, I was sleeping about 20 hours a day, was unable to communicate much, and had difficulty swallowing. I was beginning to get bed sores. My breathing was very shallow, and, in fact, I contracted pneumonia the first week I was here. To everyone's surprise, I survived, and began my days with Marvalyn. In the hospital I acquired an incentive breathing apparatus. Marvalyn has worked very hard every day doing mouth exercises with me, and encouraging me to use the little breathing machine-Today, i weigh more than 120 pounds. My swallowing is greatly improved, in fact, I have very little difficulty now. I have no bed sores. And doctors have been amazed at the good flow of air in my lungs. Marvalyn understands all my needs and never delays in meeting them.
Marvalyn has a heart trained in wisdom from the Bible, and this is one thing that makes her the good caregiver that she is. I am sure that she is not alone among your caregivers in showing love. But though we see much evidence that your course is excellent, and it certainly put Marvalyn on the right foot in her career, it is very difficult to help someone understand the importance of showing love in such a short course of time. We are enclosing reprints of three Bible-based articles from the Watchtower and Awake! that were a small part of Marvalyn's life education and contributed greatly to her qualities as a loving caregiver. I have read these magazines regularly for the past 40 years and they have made my life better, and richer. I am now benefiting from my dear Marvalyn's years of putting these good things into her heart too. I think you will enjoy these articles, along with the two current issues of the magazines I am enclosing.
We have enjoyed our business dealings with First Care. My daughter reports that you are always helpful and amiable. We very much appreciate your supportive calls and the nurses' visits, which are very pleasant experiences. Both of my caregivers enjoy them. We would definitely recommend your agency to others at any time.
Sincerely,
Mrs. Lucille
Testimonials by Home Health Care Patients and Agencies