September 25, 2009
FIRST CARE of New York
2488 Grand Concourse, Suite 332
Bronx, NY 10458
Attention: Administrator
Dear Administrator,
I want to thank you for your choice of Martha as my mother's Home
Health Care Aidc. My mother in Brooklyn, NY and myself, her son, could not be happier with the service Martha is providing through your Agency. She is compassionate, reliable and responsible. She seems to truly care about my mother's well-being and keeps me informed all the time.
In addition, her actions on Wednesday the 23 rd of this week, when my mother faced a medical emergency were wonderful. I could not ask for more. Coming to
my mother's house at her scheduled time of 10 am she found my mother had passed
out and hit her head on the wall producing a large lump. She found her
unconscious and shaking. Her actions were swift and correct. In rapid order she
called 911 for an ambulance, notified me and I would guess she notified your agency
also. She made my mother comfortable while waiting for the ambulance. When the
ambulance came, she called me again to speak to the paramedics who wanted my
mother to go to the hospital which she did not want to do, With Martha's' help we
convinced my mother to go. Since I live on Long Island and could not get there
right away, Martha agreed to stay with my mother in the Emergency Room until I
got there, whatever time that was, As it turned out, I did not get there until
approximately 7:30 PM. Martha stayed with her, comforting her and seeing that
she got food and attention until I arrived. I was so appreciative, that I offered her
extra money out of my pocket which she refused, saying that was her job.
As it turns out, everything was OK with my mother and she sustained no serious
injury. But at 93 years old, it could have been very serious. And Martha did all the
right things. I do not know how much Martha is being paid, but whatever it is she
should receive a raise for her fine performance in representing your agency. If she is
indicative of the kind of people you hire, I would recommend your agency to
anyone. She is the epitome of what I would think of as a guardian angel We cannot
say enough good about her. My mother wants her for an additional day.
Sincerely,
Her Son
Testimonials by Home Health Care Patients and Agencies